Monday, April 11, 2016

Canvas Corp Brands 12x12 Gypsy love Canvas

Hello and welcome to my blog today.
I am making a new project with beautiful items from Canvas Corp Brands.
Let me show you the finished project.
 so Let me take you through the steps.
I used a 12 x12 canvas
 and Canvas Corp has this beautiful new paper called Mixed Media Origins this one is called "Blooms"
My photos did not come through so I will pick up where my photos did.

I sprayed the paper with Glimmer mist #20444 Tea Cup.
Then at this point I 
added some color from my pencil bag

 The paint brush and a craft sheet allows you to spray some of the Glimmer Mist and paint it on the roses.
It always needs white to highlight using my Prisma white I colored white in areas that need the light to appear..like a shine
The leaves and stems I used Glimmer Mist NO 50450 Key Lime Pie.
I also added Glimmer Mist No. 02312 Patina.


I wanted some shadow on the rose so I used Glimmer Mist No 02152 Fully Purple.

 I always use a small piece of water color paper to soak up what is left on the craft sheet.
This purple effect is beautiful.

 I began adding the soft tone of Glimmer Mist  no 02312 Patina between the stems.

 Now for the elements around the roses.

 When I was a little girl my family lived in New Mexico. I remember the garden my Grandmother and my Mother always had. Most of the houses were stucco and the water on the stucco always allowed you to see the cracks and the mud. So this wall I wanted to give that wet stucco effect.
This is Glimmer Mist #15730
Marmalade
I added a bit of water to it and used a paint brush and painted the wall.
I decided that was to dark by it's self so I mixed #20444 Tea Cup with it and added a bit of water.


 So at this time I wanted to add a bit more color to the roses and some more Patina to the wall.
 I also added more Glimmer mist Golden Orange No 21366..as you can see the yellow gold on the inside.
I extended the color around the rose.

As you can see I was also adding color to the butterfly using the Golden Orange.

 I then used a art sponged and lined the entire border with Ranger Ink's Vintage photo.
More depth  is needed so I used my art sponge and Black Pan Pastels for the border and then used a paint brush and accented the roses and the butterfly.

 I feel I need more definition in the Butterfly and the sky to separate it from the wall  and roses.
For this I used my beautiful Colorarte Luminarte H20 watercolors they shimmer like the glimmer mist of Tattered Angels and work beautifully together.
I used copper penny,True Blue and Mustard seed.
I also went back and used some on the leaves which were Teal Zicron and Fern.
Now the canvas....
I used a mixture of gesso from Ranger Ink and acrylics blues and a peach tone.
let it dry
I cute this beautiful paper into four sections
I glued the right one down first using tacky glue.
and tape from Canvas Corp 7Gypsies.
I then added thick gesso and sprayed while it was wet with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist "Tea Cup".
Now adding in the other sections
This was white canvas from The scrap Pack ,they are so full of awesome pieces!
I sprayed with the Key Lime Glimmer Mist.
There was gluing from this point. and a lot of .
The images
They came from some paper in the scrap pack..but the full 12x12 paper is in the store. The girls are also from a 12x12 paper in the store.
The images and the feel of the canvas reminds me of my Grandparents thrift store they had when I was a young girl. They came from Houston and everything was early 1900's.They gave me such a beautiful childhood.
It was in all the junk they sold and paintings and images I must have developed my passion for art.
The Canvas flower and charms added so much.


Thank you all for stopping in. 
Have a Blessed Day .

Susan S.







1 comment:

  1. A really gorgeous project Susan! Amazing colouring on the flower! Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete