Sunday, March 13, 2016

March..the feel of Spring and Canvas Corp Brands new Paper "Mermaids"


I for one am so ready for winter to retreat into it's cave and rest for a while! I am thinking Spring! One thing I am known to love is mermaids.Maybe it is because my Mother shared a passionate love and admiration for the ocean with me  when I was a young girl.Then, later in life living the experience in Florida for a few years I would say changed me for ever.
Canvas Corp Brands released a new line of papers.They are called Mixed Media Origins Printed Mixed media papers 

I am starting with the mermaid. I colored her with Prisma Pencils.
and I painted with a brush beautiful Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist #02312 Pantina on the out side crackled looking paper background.The Glimmer Mist are also from the incredible store Canvas Corp Brands.
The 12 x 12 Canvas comes from Canvas Corp Brands also.
I covered it in gesso first


 I love this thick rich canvas. It is a mixed media artist dream!
I began to spray the glimmer mist by Tattered Angels .

This color is #21366 Golden Orange 

 #50450 kEY lIME pIE


 I also added #15730Marmalade
 After everything was covered I added some stencil work with gesso
and then attached the colored mermaid paper.
I then put two coats of Ranger Multi Medium Matte over it and let dry.
The flowers made of burlap were perfect for the canvas. I sprayed them with the Tattered Angels Glimmer mist the same as I did the canvas.
The rope pieces are from a beautiful scrap pack Christine sent to me and Thank you so much.I also sprayed each piece with the different colors of Glimmer Mist.
The additional flowers are from Prima on Ebay.
I plan on making several of these. I have a friend getting married in June lovely idea for a gift.
Blessings
Susan S.
 


4 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful creation. I too love mermaids :-) The colours you used on the canvas are wonderful and you did such a super job of colouring her with your pencils :-) I hope Spring hurries up and comes to you quickly :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect use for the new paper. I hear it is thick and durable and holds up to all the wet media we use. Such a pretty project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you Susan! I love mermaids too. =) This is an awesome project. I wish there was one photo of the whole thing though - those details are tantalizing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete