Sunday, October 27, 2013

Lilyand The Lotus and Smeared Inks 31 Days of Halloween Day 27 Mixed

Welcome to my blog.Day 27 of http://smearedandsmudged.ning.com/page/31-days-of-halloween-5
Thought I would share with you some fun techniques I picked up in journal classes here and there and some fab inks and a awesome stamp I have shared with you before.
I want to thank you all for the Birthday greeting to my Dad I did share them all with him he laughed and thought it was fun.
I made him a card and this is where the sharing begins tonight.
I had some fall leaf stamps in my box I love to use them on journal pages but i had tucked them away for a while...it is fall and time to pull them out.
ok here we go

I love what powerful inks can do and I chose Stampin up inks that were a gift to me from a dear friend .
so let me share the colors and the format I chose,
I chose this one to be my dominate color and I also chose chocolate chip
I chose this to be my balance keeper
This is my light
This is my shadow
now the background stamp I used on top after all was inked and blended
This is the wonderful En Francais stampin up stamp great for journal art :)

now look again
oh here is what I did not tell you lets start with a water color background

yellow orange and brown water colors
Plan your theme
when mixing water for the water colors and ink the water will blend both but also wash away the inked images be careful

ok I have a store addy now for stampin up  http://purplesnickerinkers.stampinup.net

now a special thank you to one of smeared Inks sponsors http://dillybeans.blogspot.com
I am sorry I am just getting this finished.


25% Off 25 Stamp Sets


We're celebrating Stampin' Up!'s 25th anniversary all year long, but during the week of the actual date (October 25th to be exact) we thought we should pump up the party even more. So what better way than a sale on the very products that started it all: stamps, of course!
Dates: October 22-28, 2013
http://purplesnickerinkers.stampinup.net


25% Off 25 Stamp Sets


We're celebrating Stampin' Up!'s 25th anniversary all year long, but during the week of the actual date (October 25th to be exact) we thought we should pump up the party even more. So what better way than a sale on the very products that started it all: stamps, of course!
Dates: October 22-28, 2013



Have a wonderful day everyone
hugs
susan



15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I learned a lot from this post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Thanks for the tut. Love how your card turn out, wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your art work Susan! You've colored so wonderfully (again.) Your skeletion w/ his hand up, I have one just like it. I think I got it at Micheals's. Any who, love your art, and what a great Fam photo. Tks for sharing, and Happy Birthday Dad!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW, cute pic of your Dad. And fabulous tut, Susan! Love the depth you achieve with that technique. Adorable Dilly Beans card, too. You should enter it in our Dilly Beans Halloween Challenge. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial. Love the background. I didn't even notice the skeletons at first. Great card. I love the pic of your dad blowing out his candles. He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, thanks for the step by step pics. Your dilly beans card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colours and so many layers, love the step by step photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that is amazing...the details and colors are just gorgeous! And love the Dilly Beans one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm...I don't know what happened to my comment & now the picture of your Mom & Dad is back on your blog. That is strange. I love everything you do or touch. These are awesome & I love your tutorials. TFS I'm glad I finally got to see your Mom & Dad. Huge Hugs My Dear Friend~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME! I love your page and how you went about creating it! Gorgeously rick and elegant. Love that Teal! Fab DB piece too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool technique. Thank you for sharing...what a wonderful finished product! Great coloring of the Dilly Bean stamp also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... love all the techniques you shared! Your cared with the Dilly Bean stamp is DARLING!!!! GREAT POST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I didn't even notice the moon and skeletons in the card until you broke it down! The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the walkthrough! it's great to see how folk make their art, thanks for sharing! And I love your Dilly Beans colouring!! fab! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I may have to start an AJ. You make it look so fun. Did it take a while for those craft inks to dry? Have you tried this with the new SU! foam pads? May have to give it a go soon. Love the pages and the wonderful tutorial. Those Dilly Beans are so fun. Great bright colors and love the border.

    ReplyDelete